Macrobiotic Jim, Edinburgh

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Macrobiotic Jim, Edinburgh

Post  Cheesyal on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:33 pm

If you are approached by a painfully thin man with a Charlie Brown head and a dirty blue puffer jacket who's opening line is that you might recognise him from when he cooked a fish on the tele, then you'll have met Edinburgh's foremost expert on macrobiotic diets and park benches, Jim. Beware though, this opening gambit is merely a ruse to worm his way into your flat on a promise of cooking you dinner. On no account do this: one friend of mine did and was served a bowl of watery soup made from onions and kippers. Jim can be spotted forensically analysing the condition of second hand records in charity shops round the Tollcross area, often engaging in long conversations with the old wifies behind the counter before they finally get fed up and chuck him out. My mate Kam told me that he's barred from Real Foods for standing in the shop telling the customers to drink their own piss. He's been around as long as I can remember and was last spotted only a few weeks ago. I'm sure he was the inspiration for the character of Calum Gilhooley in Absolutely.

Cheesyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top